Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I've been relishing this year in the fact that performances have not required my involvement.. I'm more a part of the audience.
That has changed over the last few days.

For the electro concert, I was a performer, and add to that the fact that it was not piano -not my speciality in terms of performing. I hope the performance was recorded, or else I will never have a true knowledge of how the pieces went.

Andrea's recital - I know it happened tonight, but I wasn't there. I was very involved with the performer and explaining it over the phone, but I was very disconnected from the rehearsals and completely absent from the performance. I won't even get to hear the recording for another couple of weeks at best, most likely not until I am back in Winnipeg. Basically tonight, I was very aware that I really wanted to be there tonight...
If any of my readers were there tonight, please give me feedback - but I don't want ego-buffing, please only post honest reactions to the pieces. I expect the same curtness and judgement that I dish forth on this blog!
Moral - Performances involving you in anyway are never supposed to be easy - now I'm starting to tune into my true reactions to my role in recitals and performances as a composer.

No comments: