Friday, February 24, 2006

Brendan's band played tonight at the optimist festival. They got really good commentary and performed very well! GOOD JOB!
all I have to offer is fickle commentary...
What the hell was with that tie@>? yuck! and frickin A)Hem your pants and B) pull them up to your waist or get a belt or something, and you really have no excuse cause tux pants usually have those adjustable waists....
enough of that
The book I'm reading now, and on the bus home tonight, is about Music and the Emotions.... very heavy reading. It's a philosophical examination of different theories about the relation of the two. I find it very interesting, but a thorough examinatoin into exactly what constitutes an emotion at 8:30 in the morning the other day was a little much for my wake up reading.
Lesson and Masterclass this week both went well.. David is giving me the impression that he feels confident that I will be ready for my recital... yay. At least he hasn't been implying the freakout that I should be more prepared. I wish I had the same confidence... but that will come with the excessive practicing this week and yay!
I HAVE to HAVe to Have to finish my composition this weekend... I need to get it to the singer/pianist.. and once festival starts, I have no time to spare from accompanying and recital practicing... so I'm working on that as we speak... I finished the editing of one of the 4 songs... I will edit the other 2 tonight, and then I just ahve to finish the bulk of one of the songs and then tidy up the ending of another and then edit the last one, and YAY, all done. It actually is a lot of work, but I have to get it done, so think positive michael!

No comments: