Wednesday, February 22, 2006

tee hee

wow, it's hard to even think along the same lines as last night.
I get pissy like that sometimes, and i know its not productive, but oh well.
Today was much better. I was cheerful allday and did some good practicing both before and after my lesson. Lesson was good. The Brahms are starting to settle... Im glad I still have 3 weeks almost to keep them getting settled. The Bach was ok... but I need to fix up little spots., there were quite a few stumbles today, so getting rid of those would be helpful. I was too energetic/frantic though in my Bach playing, so he told me to play somewhere between this weeka nd last weeks renditions and I'll be fine. After my lesson, I learned the notes of the prelude securely up to 120 bpm.. only a little shy of the performance tempo. Theres a tricky bit in the middle, really the only hard part of the prelude, and I just have to work super hard at that. It's really logical, so I think the memory is already there. BUT the fugue I need to work a lot on. I think I'll use the same method as with the other Bach and prelude (sectionalizing into small parts and then eventually smacking them together).
Oh ya, I had to change my lesson next week due to festival and I tried the best I could to not let him know the extent to which I am involved with accompanying. He told me "I don't even need to tell you what I think about doing lots of accompanying 2 weeks before a recital".... to which I said "i know, i know" and silently thought...' i wonder what you would say about excessive accompanying the week OF and the Day OF a recital?!?" eep!
I know I'm crazy... but thats alright. Im feeling good about it all, and when its over with.. I will not have to worry about my recital or rehearsals, and I will have money enough to get myself good and drunk on wine and celebrate a week of succesful merriment!
I calculated the current value of my festival binder based solely on the rehearsals I have done so far... and it's worth 200$ and I still have more rehearsals and that doesn't include the rate for the actual classes! That's right Michael, just think of the money and it will all be fine..
ANyway, still SOO much to do for next tuesday which is my next lesson.... I have to relearn or polish up Mozart and Scriabin... the Brahms and Bach are still good and improving as we speak... and I have to learn and memorize PDQ. Oh yes, and I also have to finish composing and editing my piece... I need to have it in the hands of pianist and singer next monday so they can learn it. It will probably still see some revisions and editing things before i get it printed as a fancy final copy...
yay fun!

No comments: