Friday, February 10, 2006

Post #121

for those of you keeping track, I've been posting a lot... somewhere between every day and every second day.... Wow! I even impress myself...
also with the number... if I grouped my posts in elevens, this would be the eleventh eleventh post I've written! A lazy bakers gross... if you will.
Today was a good day. It was the last day of classes before reading week! It was also a midterm exam for our 20'th century class! I'm still glad I took the time I did to learn/study the material, but i didn't need to do that. We were all pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.
We celebrated by going for lunch and wine/beer at the restaurant on campus. Good times. It was actually really good times, kicked back and relaxed for a long while. I left when it was close to time I needed to leave to get to ballet class tonight.
This means, that i didn't practice today at all, but thats excuseable because its reading weekend....and I'll be productive soon anyway.
Thats right, as opposed to those who will be relaxing this week, I have some major things to get done:
I need to prepare both my Brahms and Bach pieces for this week and then the lesson once we're back at it. I also have to make sure the other pieces(Scriabin and Mozart) are still in good shape, something I have been neglecting lately. With academic stuff and business in general, I haven't been getting much practicing done. While this isn't good in general, I have been as efficient as I could be with the time I have had. Once I'm finished here, I'll practice some tonight, then who knows. Lordy, its already 9pm.... gee golly where does the time go.
Aside from my personal rep, I need to take the time to really learn the pieces I am accompanying in the festival. Since a lot of them are right around/within hours of my recital, I don't want to have to be worrying about practicing them, when I should be devoting my time to recital preparedness! Most of the little kid stuff is fine, but the stuff for older people/classmates will take some effort to learn. Effort that needs to be spent now, rather than later.
I need to finish my composition... thats right: FINISH IT! we had set the first lesson back after reading week to be the due date. Even though this means nothing, I want to stick to it, so I can get it to the performers in enough time, and so I can keep on track and make sure it isn't interfering with my other stuff like recital.
I need to force myself to exercise everyday this week. I don't really have time committments, and if I can stick to it for a week, then I'll have less trouble keeping at it, when things are a little busier.
I also want to get a bunch of reading done. I'm back on the improvisaton kick, so I have source books, and I want to do the research groundwork so that I don't have to reread stuff, or re-search when it comes time to compiling info and sources.

No comments: