Sunday, February 05, 2006

wow, fast paced day,
MRMTA is finally done with for this round. I felt good about it. The majority of it was really quite good. I made sure to be paying attention to the broad picture of the piece as well as to shape each individual phrase in realtion to others and whatnot. There were a few places of less than gracious playing... I was not at all happy with my final variation in the first movement... it's supposed to be this rollicking finale, and i truly mucked it up. But I did learn something from my last lesson. David told me that I needed to make sure that no matter what, you play things with finesse, so always round off phrases and whatnot... so I did. Despite the badness that had just occurred, I played the last 4 bars with confidence exuding from every pore of my body; had I just heard that bit, I would have regretted missing a great performance.. (hahaha sucker).
The minuet and trio went better than normal.. everytime I play it it gets better, so I'm glad to have played today, at the very least to have had a chance to improve.
In terms of the third movement, the only mistake I can recall was that on one of the reprises,or maybe the repeat on the first time, I didn't terrace the dynamics the way I normally do... but thats nothing. Definately a strong close!
I found out that apparently there are only 3 prizes to go out at my level... only 5 people of all the pianists and instrumentalists will get to go on to the next round... for fricks sake, thats not worth it. At least the adjudicator gives commentary, so I'm told. heres hoping I will get that and have the feedback before my recital.
As soon as I finished playing, I had to head off to some sort of unnamed activity downtown. That unnamed activity ended at 4:30, and I had to get to my pharmacy before it closes at 5... so I booked it back to St James and actually made it in good time. I got my drugs and chocolate and came home.
BEST PART OF THE DAY!
I walked in the door and I smelled supper. Not only just supper, but my mom made my favorite thing for dinner. Something she's never made before,m and they turned out super well!
Chicken Fingers. Thats right, homemade chicken fingers. and they were even healthy cause they were baked not fried! MmMmMmMmmm Delicious!
So that's been the day. Now I have to prioritize for the next things on my list. For tomorrow I need to have a substantial amount of composing done... to show that I haven't wasted these past 3 weeks... I also have to get the bulk of my analysis work done on this Beethoven String Quartet so that I can get it typed up and stuff. I'm gonna hand it in on Wednesday, but I don't want it to be last minute and interfering with my practicing.... which is the other thing on the list. Apparently Brahms is to be completely learned and memorized and up to tempo for wednesday. I will pretend like thats possible, but ya... not likely... what I will be able to do is have iut securely learned and on the road to being memorized, not quite up to tempo. But who knows, anything is possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got a copy of Op95 for you. It's really super exciting.

Hmmm...that's a really blatant lie..... I'm comfortable with that.