Saturday, November 05, 2005

Blah

Im updating, but theres really nothing of interest to comment about, and Im feeling almost too lazy to come up with anything interesting, so I'll just fill you in on some daily events.
I worked at the Ballet today, I was tired for the 9am class and so was the teacher. Normally, the class of 6 year olds are able to fill the room with energy, but nope; they were also very sleepy. Apparently this was a common feeling all day. Later when I played for the same teacher, the other class was not really tired, but they were whiny and all teenage girl like and they were driving us crazy. I actually enjoyed it, Kristina is really funny when tired and crazy.
In the middle, I went for lunch with Dale because she also had a break. My usual practice on saturday is to go and eat at the twist cafe or wherever and have some quiet time, it was nice to have company today. On top of that, Dale slyly paid for my lunch. It was a super wonderful nice surprise and I love her for it.
Musical theatre happened today, which Im not happy about but at least it was with a different teacher. Result = music was actually actively involved in about 85% of the class, versus the normal 40-50%. By keeping them involved in the class and not letting them walk all over her, they were somewhat better behaved. Also, we started on a new song in the first class, which helps me get away from the debillitating anger I have for the musical Annie, but it starts a new hatred for Wizard of Oz.
Tonight my parents tried to take me to a fall supper at one of the random churches in the area; they don't really like God, but they eat his food. Unfortunately, the fall supper was sold out when we got there. I suggested a local restaurant called 'Hyjinx: Epicurious Eatery". I kinda knew it was a shithole to begin with, but sometimes that is an endearing quality. The server was nice enough, but one of those thatwas just daft enough to be noticeably so. The bread was stale-ish, my caesar salad was disgustingly overdressed and the croutons followed suit with the bread. Odd thing.. even though the croutons were soggy with dressing, they still managed to be hard from the stality. The main course was served in three stages, as in: my mother's, then mine 8 minutes later served with an appology for my dads food (future proche) being tardy... apparently the restaurant in which we were the only patrons was backed up in the kitchen.... then my father's food was served about 10-15 minutes after mine. By then my mother had finished eating what she was going to eat of her meal and I, having made an effort to wait for dad's meal, became disgusted with the new cooling state of my sandwich. I kept picking at my fries.
All in all the meal took far longer than it should have. The food was not very good at all. Mother didn't get her soup, nor her dessert. My dad kept his patience, because... well, thats what he does; stays tollerant in the face of all incompetence BUT when he finally got his fish, it was over cooked, and ya. Oh ya, the coleslaw was well.... nasty beyond even what Salisbury house serves up. Heinous factor of eleven(11).
Anyway, feel free to look up the word epicurious, or epicure and enjoy the irony as it relates to this situation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was actually thinking of eating there sometime - thanks for saving me some moolah *thumbsup*