Monday, November 14, 2005

one of the best sites on the internet

I had almost forgotten about this website, but was reminded of it today.
The website is called CryingWhileEating and the content is precisely that, people crying while eating. It is brilliant in so many ways. Many of them are heartbreaking, many are endearing, most are bloody hillarious.
Today, I went for hot smoothies at Timmy Ho's with Deena and Diane. She was talking about her boy problems while eating sushi and she was very near bursting in tears. I thought it would be perfect to have had a video camera there at that moment, just perfect. This is not to say that I am insensitive to her problems, but I think even she would laugh if she saw herself crying while eating.
I highly suggest everyone go there, theres lots and lots of examples, about 20 seconds each. It's even entertaining to read their name, what they're eating and why they are crying.

Aside from that, it was a very good day. Deena and other people from her teacher's studio played in a noon hour recital, and she was fabulous, YAY DEENA!!! The whole recital was great, no major screw ups and lots of variety in music!
Today was also (and still is) 50% off day at Value Village, so I went and bought 5 shirts, at least 2 have snap buttons up the front so im super happy. In fact, I just might go by the other Value Village later this evening if I'm heading out to that area.
Once again, I didn't actually get any practicing done today, so I'll get on that a little this evening. I found out I will be playing for a friends 3'rd year recital, yay flute accompanying. I sight read for her a week or so ago, so I take this as a big compliment on my accompanying. Mostly Im glad that the experience didn't leave her feeling that she never wanted to collaborate with me ever again...

Ooh Knitting- Im making slippers. It's a really cool pattern made up of 7 individual squares for each slipper, and you sew them together. So far I have 3 and a bit squares.... but soon enough, I'll have made enough for a whole slipper, and wander around pretending Im some Prince Charming.. or a foot fetishist....hmm, fun either way!
Fi mentioned that we need to have another knitting party, we just haven't made time for it lately: soon to be rectified.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site! My absolute favourite is the Lama Song video, http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/llama.php, sooo great, and always makes me smile.
I also love the rejected video, don't know where to get it anymore, but there's some good stuff in it.
Yes, recital was awesome. And yay for letting a flute into your repertoire (you had to pick the craziest one eh? although, that is debatable...)

...mmmm, smoothie....