Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Io sono diagnosi

J'ai visité le medicin aujourd'hui, et apres beacoup des tests, il m'a dit ce que j'ai.
Ich habe die Bronchitis.
It was super fun, this morning I went to get tests done.. I got to pee in a cup, I got to bleed for them, I got to blow something, and rub my chest against a flat metal plate. So SEXY!
The blood tests were good, breathing was not good compared to normally, but it was acceptable for my age standard. The doctor said that it didnt appear to be an infection, but there is some inflammation in my chest or whatever, so it's Bronchitis.
He gave me an inhaler that i get to use for a month, then he's gonna doa follow up. I damn well better be feeling A.O.K. by then. Anyway, the inhaler is a steroid which will reduce the inflammation so I wont have congestion and coughing and whatnot. Hopefully after a new days of taking the inhaler, it will be working its wonder and all will be well.
Anyway, Im a little relieved that it was what I thought all along. My mom speculated that it was proabably a chest infection, my dad said it was legionaires disease which were all justifiable from the symptoms I had. Some of the other not so applicable attempted-diagnoses were mono, syphilis, and crabs...
Aside from going to get the tests done, then later the actual doctors appointment, I managed to get a fair bit of practicing in today, as well as a nice little nap just before Ma 'n Pa got home. Mostly, I practiced Mozart today. I hadn't actually touched it since close to the beginning of the year, and I had forgotten how delightful of a sonata it is. And come to think of it, I dont think I ever got around to playing it for David yet this year(at least not the firts movement) so it will all be new and good when I play it for him on wednesday!

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Mmm...crabs.

I'm glad you've been diagnosed, now its all uphill!

Are you taking Italian? or do you know it already? That's pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

You almost had syphilis? You could've been the next Schubert dude! Better luck next time.

Michael Park said...

to nathan- I know random bits of some of the important languages, and some of those of lesser importance. I like to throw those around so I look smart... sometimes it works.

to adam- link your blog, (sniff) ass! anyway, any musician would be honoured to receive syphilis. They would enter a line of musicians before him longer than one could imagaine. It seemed to be the STD of choice.