Tuesday, November 29, 2005

So, the piano student was quiet, much quieter than I had expected... I never know how to approach quiet people, so foreign to me. We basically had to start at the basics, she took some lessons as a child, but its been a long time. She seems like she'll put in the necessary work to make things work. She took me seriously though, even as I wore the mullet. I had planned on donning a touque for the lesson, as to be a respectable figure, but I forgot and she came earlier than I expected( on time, that is).
Anyway, I dropped off my MRMTA application on my way to the university to meet with Tiffy who finished off the haircutting. I now have a super stylish short haircut, I look like my student card again... although not as skinny as I was 3 years ago, not that I was skinny even then. Honestly though, Tiffy does an amazing job of haircutting! GO TIFFY!!!! Maybe Deena might not cringe when she looks at me now that the mullet has gone away.
Sorry to all of you who didnt get to see the mullet in person, but soon tiffy will get pics develloped and we'll have even better pics of the former mullet!
Oi, I feel that this day was not productive, I didn't get the paperwork done for student aid AND I didnt actually touch my concerto, and I have a lesson tomorrow, possibly my jury on thursday. I have been working on other piano stuff though, so I can brush up on the concerto tomorrow and still have something else to play. I also did get some ground work on computer notating my compositions, and I am actually learning more as I go along... one day Sibelius will make me only mildly cringe instead of yelling in anger (It would be better if it had a mulet).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was I really cringing? I kind of feel bad.

And then I remember...

You had a mullet.

And you're not from Trashcona so there's no excuse.