Monday, November 28, 2005

MMMUUULLLLLEEEETTTT!!!!!!

So the big surprise was a mullet! Not just any, this is grade a prime mullet! I basically look exactly like Billy Ray Cirus ca. Achy Breaky Heart! Tiffany did a superb job on my hair. She left it nice and long and luscious at the back, nice and short at the top and front, but we left one long strand of hair right at the front! Seriously the hottest and ugliest haricut I have every had!
Besides being fairly ugly I don't honestly know what the big deal is with them. Then again, I am not picky about my hair. I view hair as a functional thing, so I go without stress between long and short, I've never understood how some women can have a canniption if their stylist takes off an extra inch off their scalp (hair that is, I believe it is a big deal if the stylist is scalping people).
I do not believe I have ever inspired such passion in people as I did today. Some people laughed, some people were absolutely disgusted, some thought it was wonderful, but everyone EVERYONE had a strong reaction. What is it about the mullet that causes people to react so strongly. If I had been as drastic as to shave my head, people still wouldn't have been so undeniably strongly opinionated about it. At the same time, people felt that they could make judgements about my personality based on it. People that I don't normally talk to felt obliged to be louder and more involved in my life today. Also, some people assumed that there was some big reason for my doing this: that I had some motivation or alterior motive; furthermore, that I would need to have some strong reason in order to desecrate my head in such a fashion.
honestly, my reasoning was "why not?".
It certainly has been an interesting day in that department. One person I know brought a camera to school just for the occasion, which is awesome, I want the event to be memorable. Here is the super hot pic.
This pic doesn't really do the -do justice, You see the one strand of long hair as dominant, so the from hair doesnt look all that short, but I assure you it is much tackier in person. The mullet will only be around for tomorrow, I'll get Tiffy to finish my hair when she has time tomorrow night. It was only ever intended as an interim thing, I really did want short hair, so I will have that soon enough.
The presentation was today. I sat next to Chris, and we both had that nervous laughter of embarrassment thing going the whole time. The prof seemed to enjoy it and commented that it was entertaining as well as informative. I was worried that it was going to seem incredibly immature and not professional, but all in all, we did have a fair chunk of info in there and were able to answer the questions posed to us afterwards. We're glad it's over. It was fun, but now it's one thing less we have to worry about.
Later on this afternoon, they posted the results of the Concerto Competition. Unfortunately I will not be making my debut as a soloist with an orchestra next year. Neither will Deena, and neither will any of my close friends, really there weren't that many of us in there to begin with. Of the 4 pianists that auditioned, one will be playing next year. She is in her 4'th year and is a brilliant pianist, so good for her. Lots of good players won, so I don't feel all that bad about the results, although I would have been happier to see my name up there. Oh well.
I practiced a fair bit today. I was really tense, and still am. Yuck. Im gonna have some liquor and muscle relaxants tonight and see if that can help things. I learned more part of the new Brahms piece Im working on. Its the most gorgeous and stunning piece ever, I can't wait to play it for my recital. Im doing a set of pieces by Scriabin, late in his life, so they are odd and hard to understand. I had a breakthrough today and I completely understand the second piece, and I learned moreof it today. I worked out all the notes, I would say that I KNOW at least 2/3's of it. Just a little more to clean up, then ya! I also improvised one hell of a tango today. I think the tango is the form that I feel most comfortable improvising. The ballet teachers are always impressed with my tangos I do for dance class, but the free form tangos I do are so much better. If you ever want, take me to a practice room at the school or somewhere and I will give you a special musical treat... after all, it's fine to do on my own, but it really takes 2 to tango! hahaha! im punny
that is all

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting all my life to see you with a mullet, and you didn't even do it for me DURING the 80s... I love it!! I want a matching femullet, then we can wear our matching shirts and do our special circle handshake!! Cause that's the thing we.....

Michael Park said...

do! We do that thing!!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel honored to be part of something that got such strong reactions.
(and i'm taking appointments for any others who want a mullet. it's the new thing now and days. Mikey started a movement.)