Friday, November 17, 2006

I had been worrying a bit about my piece being performed on Monday. Not about the performer, she is great and I'm glad that she's working on it. I was worried about the effectiveness of the piece. What would happen if I spent so much time working on such a personal piece and people were completely unaffected by it. That would be terrible.
Today Diane's teacher stopped me and asked if I heard about the masterclass. I hadn't. I didn't even know that she was playing it there. The the teacher informed me that Diane played it there and it had everyone moved to tears.
It was not my intention to write incredibly depressing music, but I couldn't have asked for a better compliment to know that my music was that moving.
It is also incredibly reassuring to know that my pianist is that comfortable with the music and had prepared it to that level.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm very excited for the performance on monday, and i'm going to try my absolute hardest to be there, because i really really want to hear how your piece sounds! i'm so proud, that's such an accomplishment. Yay yay mikeyj!

Michael Park said...

thanks Tiffy, I really hope you can make it, but i will understand if you can't. Your support is felt and appreciated, thank you.