Friday, November 24, 2006

It's been a good week.
Thursday:
-lesson went very well. He was very impressed with the improvement of the Haydn. I mentioned that I thought he completely overreacted the week before and he responded that all he has to go on was what I present to him; last week was unacceptable, and he lectured me then sent me away, when I brought it back it was in much better shape.. therefore he wasn't going to question his teaching methods. It made sense and I was ok with that.
-Piano Ped presentation went very well. I felt a little underprepared, but after the presentation she commented on how it was an extremely well-prepared and researched presentation. I'm excited to see how her reaction translates into a mark...
-Student cancelled piano lesson, so that gave me some nice downtime! yay!
-Dance class accompaniment/work went well. I got some really good compliments from the modern teacher about my choices/style of music. She told me I had a really good touch for modern class. Finally- I'd been worried about what music to play for modern cause the aesthetic is so different from Ballet. I'm also starting to feel more comfortable with understanding the movements and what kind of music suits them!
- The improvised music ensemble had it's first public performance last night, and it went over quite well! It was a lot of fun, and it feels good to be associating music with fun(something I haven't seen/felt enough of at school lately). I also performed some of the Kurtag pieces, and got some nice compliments on them.

Today, we got orchestration tests back, it was my lowest mark so far on a test in that course... only 90%.

Plans for this weekend are to make major progress on this ensemble piece... I need to finish writing the musical excerpts SOON if I'm going to have it finished in time for the application for McGill. Also practicing of course, but I really need to get this piece into the finishing touch stage of the game.

No comments: