Sunday, November 05, 2006

I saw this cartoon on the internet and just had to share it with you all.
Every once in a while, I'll be talking to a friend that reads my blog, and I find myself being frustrated that they haven't read the post that I just put up 15 minutes before....
I need a kick in the but every once in a while to remind me that I actually do have to participate in the real world...





I feel silly, I still haven't actually written, well barely any of the actual music for this ensemble piece. I'm getting more detailed in the conceptual ideas of what musical content-ish that I want, but few actual notes have been written. For example:
I know that I want the Basson line to have jumps of large intervals and incorporate chromatic spurts with those leaps and that it should have a spastic sort of character, BUT does it matter what those intervals are, or where those chromatic segments lie?!?
alas, I have been doing some sketching of the shapes of what I'm looking for, but nothing specific yet, I need to figure out whether I'm going to use tonality or not, or even if individual lines should have favoured pitches, regardless of the other parts....
These will be the issues to be talked about at tomorrow's lesson.

No comments: