Wednesday, November 15, 2006

silly day

holy poop today was long.
I woke up early to drive my parents to work.... more realistically I had a periodontist appointment at 8:30. It was good, the estimate on cost was what I expected... eek.
Next I had to 'drop off' passport applications for my parents... they neglected to inform me that this would take at least an hour and a half of my life standing in one of those horrendously long lines with a bunch of people who equally hate being there....
Then I went to U of W to order transcripts. They will be prepared on the 20th of Nov.
Then I went to U of M for transcripts. The Financial aid people were clueless as to the SSHRC scholarship that i wanted to ask about... so after being sent 2 other places, I ended up at Grad studies and still didn't get any definate answers. more on that later...
I ordered my transcripts at UM and they will be ready for tomorrow.
ANyway... so this SSHRC scholarship is fairly important- 17.5 thousand dollars in graduate student funding. enough for me to not have to worry about living while i'm studying.... this also means that I can afford to go to whichever school will accept me.... or that I can move out even if I have to stay in the Peg(provided that I get the scholarship) The moral of the story is that I missed the deadline because the notice wasn't posted, and I only found out about the schoarhip a short while ago. I got a phone call returned to me later in the day from the lady in Grad Studies who organizes the scholarhips.... Long Story Short, if I can get everything together for her in a day or two, she'll allow my application!! After fretting and working hard today, Igot my paperwork done, BUT I still need 2 letters of reference and a departmental appraisal.... I feel bad about rushing my profs, but I think they will understand...
I really hope that things go smoothly so that I can apply for this, I will kick myself and others ifI'm too late.
I practiced tonight, but all I've touched all week has beent he Haydn.. whcih is the piece for my Jury, so David will haev to understand that applications are coming and that my piece isn't done.. therefore I have priorities. I'm going to try to have the whole sonata in a state of memorizationish for my lesson, but I have accompanying to do tomorrow inght..... which is the other major distraction from my practicing..... having to learn 6 pieces in a week for an audition... but I won't complain.... only to David in my lesson so he'll understand why I don't have more lesson rep.

No comments: