Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Post #301

That's right, I have posted 300 times in my blogging life! Pretty crazy!

Anyway, tomorrow is lesson day. I'm feeling pretty good about being prepared and that the Haydn will go well and my teacher will say it's alright to play for my Jury, but I'm having issues not being bitter about some of the things that were said last week. I'm going to be unimpressed if he tries to make a big deal out of the improvement, because it wasn't that bad to begin with, I simply made a choice to prioritize differently than he would prefer.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day. After my lesson, I have a presentation to give for my piano pedagogy course. I have been familiarizing myself with the method books I have to compare, and I've planned a way of presenting. She really enjoyed the excessive creativity and cheesiness of my last assignment, so I will go overboard for this one too. I am going to present it in character: I will be a beginner piano method book salesperson who has been referred to her. The presentation will revolve around all of the topics she outlined in the course outline, so I'll basically address each of those concerns one after another.

After the presentation, choir as usual and then teaching a piano lesson and then go to work. After work, I have to rush back to the school for the new music ensemble's debut improvisation performance at the Daily Bread Cafe, 7:30pmish. It will be interesting... I will also be accompanying a singer in some Ives songs as well as playing some of the Kurtag pieces.

And that's enough typing for tonight, I will go and be productive for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on your 301st post!

Michael Park said...

why thank you, it marks an important milestone in my life!