Tuesday, November 28, 2006

so, I had been working on a touque for my sister
as some of you may know, she has an abnormally small head, not that it implies anything about her intelligence... it's just that her cranial cavity is... well.... abnormally small.
Anyway, I had accidentally made the touque excessively small, so much so that it would be even too small for her head, to the point that it would be offensive to give it to her. Nevertheless, the work was not a waste, my mom has been making children's hats and scarves to give away for the christmas cheer board hampers. Now I just have to find more black yarn so I can still make a hat for part of Heather's present.....
OOH maybe I can make her and her finace matching touques.... and maybe matching wedding thongs....hmm no, I'll leave those til the wedding!
hahaha!
Anyway, today was relatively productive in terms of composition work, but I haven't touched a piano in terms of practicing since my last lesson...oopsie. I will get back on track though... Prioritizing is such a silly thing. The problem is that I'm thinking ahead to xmas break when I will have a completely new piece to write for my Jan31'st application deadline, and basically have to learn all my recital rep.... BUT, i need to put that out of my mind so that I can concentrate on perfecting Haydn for my Jury and then finshing up composing this piece. I also need to get the 3 pieces in my portfolio bound nicely so it is a pleasant looking portfolio.
We had an amazing lecture/talk/discussion at composition seminar on Monday about grad schools and grants and work options and scholarships and all the things like that we have to look forward in our careers as composers. It was good info and exciting, though I wish we had covered that before I learned the majority of it the hard way this year.
ANyway, I'm off for the evening!

No comments: