Sunday, November 19, 2006

Yestereve was delightful, though the day was long.
During the day, I had worked my noram 9-5 ballet pianoing. I came home ate dindin and then took a short 20 minute nap. I had falled just enough asleep to wake up to see that my clock said 9pm..AH! I needed to leave the house just after 7pm to make it early for the 8pm play we were going to see. Luckily the clock lied to me.. mostly because I was confused at the time change, and set my clock an hour in the wrong direction.
This story has a happy ending, because I was perfectly on time and all that.
The play was absolutely delightful. I laughed quite a bit. One thing I'm a little unclear about....
One of the characters had the same designer shoes as me... you know, the fancy velcro ones... Anyway, the thing was that the particular character was nowhere near as popular or cool as someone who wears my shoes should be. Are they trying to insinuate something about my shoes?!? I don't understand!
After that, I practiced at the school for exactly one hour. I got done exactly what I wanted; I got all of the sections of the Haydn Rondo memorized at a reasonable tempo. I ran through it afterwards from start to end, but there were some minor areas of undertaintly in terms of which section/chord came next, so that is the next step. Considering I got the whole movement memorized in 3-50 bar segments between last night and the night before, I'm not worried about security. After I practice it today sometime, it should be secure enough in the memory to play it for my lesson, and it will be stellar by thursday. That's the theory; as long as it's good enough for David to not cancel my half-jury I'm happy, and I'm reasonably certain that that will be the outcome.
After practicing, I went to Amy from school's house. She and the other people I had gone to the play, plus a few more were there playing boardgames and having a delightful time. We played this game called "What the Fuck". Basically, it asks random questions that can be incredibly revealing about the person answering.. or mildly retarded. The only problem was that no matter how hard you think about the questions, the majority of them involved things that would not actually ever come into reality. Anyway, the game was a great deal of fun.
Today I played for a Ballet Workshop which was interesting, even though it started at bloody 9am on a Sunday morning. Gah, 2 early mornings in a row, YUCK!
On the to-do list today are quite a few things. I have to figure out if there is a dance jam tonight, maybe I'll just go and see if there is one, if there isn't then I'll go straight to the school and practice. I also need to get some serious work done on this ensemble piece, as the deadline is coming up.
I need to finish writing the melodic segments... thats really the only thing left that will take thinking about. Once I have the fragment, its a matter of transposing it into all the applicable keys and then formatting it into as small as space as possible and then plugging it into the right place on the parts. I have it all organized in photoshop, so it's all good.
OOH OOH, I have good news about my recital. I officially have a dancer who is willing and excited to be part of my recital. I work with her at the ballet and she is wonderful. This is very exciting and we're both looking forward to starting rehearsals.

No comments: