Thursday, November 30, 2006

Names are interesting...
I've always prefered Michael to Mike, but I really don't care what people call me.
In fact I'm not insitent at all on what people call me, I'll accept anything really. Nevertheless, people always gravitate towards calling me Michael Park - full name..?!?
I don't think I've ever done anything to encourage this, but still - it's something to comes out of the woodwork.
I remember in high school, older friends from choir had an extended conversation/examination about how you can't just call me Michael, you have to use both first and last name.
Readers, I ask you this:
What is it about my names that necessitates the presence of both surname and given name?
oh well, I won't dwell on it.

Today was a good day, I'm done with assignments and the rest for one course! And the performance on wednesday marked this term's events for the New Music Ensemble. Orchestration still has 2 more assignments, which I need to get working on so I'm not in a rushat the last minute. Speaking of rushing, I'm getting close to finishing my ensemble piece. It's 5/6ths done, and I have my lesson tomorrow, he hasn't seen it since it was still in the concept piece or I had maybe written one of the excerpts... The biggest thing I need to work on is the performance notes and making sure I cover all the bases for what the players are supposed to do.

Tonight was the diabetes dinner. I learned a fair bit and got some freebies! I played love-themed music for a warm-up to the 'diabetes and sexual health' themed presentations.
I quite enjoy the group of young diabetics involved in this Maestro Project, good times.
ANyway,gnite

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about this whole last name thing, but i know that you're MikeyJ. I don't know why. You jsut are. You will never be Mike. again, i dont' know why. Perhaps you are so unique that a common name such as Michael can't consume you uniqueness, and thus you must be identified with multiple names to really describe you.

Really, no idea Mikey J.

Anonymous said...

MORK!!!!! Have I EVER called you by your real name? Pfft! Never friend Never... and I never will!!!!!