Friday, December 01, 2006

So, I've been making silly decisions lately, or plans without consulting my full schedule... unfortunately my schedule exists in several places and none of them are comprehensive. examples are:
-making sure to book a lesson during rehearsal time for Cantata concert (problem solved)
-booking recording time at the univ. on the only night I wont have a car....

ok, those are the only 2 coming to mind.. but thats the problem, I'm not good at keeping track of resources. Tonight, I didn't have use of the car, so I had to bus. I love the bus and i don;t mind taking it to school, but I'm a little less excited about taking the bus with dirty smelly people when I'm wearing a suit to the Opera. People are also dirtier and smellier at night time. For those who take the bus, you know it's a completely different crowd of people that take the bus at night.

ANyway Opera was amusing, I thought it was a little too low-brow humour for my taste in some instances... The irony is that tonight's production was probably very accurate to the style it would have been presented in in Strauss's time (in terms of comparative historical placement).
After the Opera was over, apparently no one wanted to go out for drinks or whatnot, so I was just going to take the bus home... BUT whooosh!
I was saved by 2 of the awesomest people in the whole wide world - Jenn and Sean who graciously drove me home!
THANK YOU FRIENDS!
So, I didn't have a composition lesson today cause that time didn't work out, but having the lesson on monday means that I will have time to completely finish this ensemble piece in time to show my teacher. Then he can give me suggestions on how to make it even better!!

No comments: