Friday, December 08, 2006

What an upsy-downy day!

I had my gum surgery today! Well, part of it... I had the worst area taken care of today and next week I will have the 2'nd worse area. The best part was that we found out the other day that the procedure was covered 90% by my dad's Blue Cross, if only we had more time... oh well. In other words, the finances of this are AOK!
The freezing itself was a little painful on the inside of the gum, but oh well. It was an awesome sound to hear him slicing open my gum... although it took much longer than I thought... The sewing up of sutures took the longest of anything. The freezing was wearing off while he was suturing up the actual graft, and I began feeling sore while I was still there.
So, he gave me T3's which I won't need to use as the bad pain and soreness is already faded. I also got an Rx for antibiotic... but it doesn't say anything about avoiding alcohol while on them... so yay! ALthough I will stay away from excess.
I TOTALLY handed in my orchestration final assignment this morning, well before the due time (almost an hour before...) that means, I'm officially done all academics for the term!!!
AND considering that Piano Ped is barely an academic course, I'm done academics for my undergrad!!! I thought about it and the only classes I have next term are Ped and Cantata on Thursdays. I have Comp seminar on Mon and Wed, but I don't get a mark for that..... Fridays I have New Music Ensemble, but that's totally not academic. It'll be great, I'll actually have the time to learn my piano music and even do some composing at the same time!
Last night I started to print out the scores for the ensemble piece, but I ran out of paper...so I bought some on my way home today and this afternoon I will finish them...
Speaking of... I HAVE A TITLE!!!!!!!!!!

"Aŭskultu, Bonvolu"

It is Esperanto for "Listen, Please". I was going to call it "Ecoutez, s'il vous plaît", but now looking back, the french is too polite, in a way. s'il vous plaît means 'if it pleases you' which lacks the directness of the Esperanto version. Both of the words in the esperanto one are in the commanding declension, which gets the idea across better! Also, Tiffy pointed out that the idea of the international language of peace matches better with individual lines which are reinterpreted by instuments who are not natural speakers of that type of line.... Amazing how adding a title to something can add a layer of depth... eh!?
All is well at the moment!
I also remembered to call and book off the evening of my dad's retirement from contemp, so I can actually attend (a minor oversight in the grand scheme of things).

ANd now to be productive!

No comments: