Friday, December 15, 2006

well, apparently my perceptions of my jury were not solely my own.
I just spoke withe my piano teacher, who had emailed me to congratulate me on an excellent jury. He said the other people on the panel were also impressed.
Yay me!

Dad's retirement was delightful. The food was good and the company was excellent.
It was great to hear so many people speak so highly of my father. As a family, we are all so proud of his many accomplishments. He holds the longest consecutive term on the exceutive of his union - 20-someodd years. And he also had a 29 year streak without taking a sick-day.
I got to see my great aunt Kay last night. She is 94 years old and was still walking on her own. When I told her I couldn't remember the last time I had seen her, she told me when it was, and what we did... It is always delightfully surprising to see her and how she still has all her wits about her. It was amazing to see her mingling with people and still able to recall details about everyone she talked with. Her secret... well not so much a secret, but she has a drink every night before bed.
My Grandfather won one of the silent auction prizes, of course.... as my mom says about people with good luck, which was appropriate at the race track where the dinner was held, he must have horse shoes up his butt!
The silent auction tickets were sold and all the profit went to Winnipeg Harvest, raising over $500 for my dad's favourite charity!

Anyway, it's almost time for me to take Binky's car to the autopac claim centre! then who knows what kind of fun I might have....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats on your half-jury! that's great. Also congrats to your dad on his retirement. that's so awesome. No sick days eh? he's totally hard core. I hope you're enjoying your feline friend, and even moreso i hope he is enjoying you (and thus not making you crazy).