Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Enjoying my new life

My cat friend, Oliver, and I are getting along well enough. I'm worried, he hasn't shat this afternoon. Normally, I'm not one to worry about my friend's bowel situations, but Oscar has a predisposition to shitting on beds and other areas when things are out of the normal. When Jade brought him to her Dad's in Saskatchewan for our road trip this summer, he made a sport of doing his business on his bed (only twice, but there was definate malicious intent). Anyway, I'm making sure he's kept out of the bedroom as 1) she has a beautiful bed and b) I'd say that Oscar being left in his home with some random guy is out of the normal for this kitty.
Aside from that, he is a very handsome cat and his antics keep me entertained from time to time.

I had a short lesson / run through of my Haydn today. The results are that the Sonata hasn't gone to complete shit since my lesson 2 weeks ago. He had some suggestions and he was happy to say that it was in good condition. I'll fix up some of the things, and it will be stellar on thursday. Distracting - the a and b keys (bottom of the bass clef) were sticking today, and it was driving me crazy. I think I held it together rather well, considering the severity of the sticking, but it definately screwed me up quite a bit. I know realize that it must have been the reason that the guy in the lesson before me had been sitting at the other piano...
Thursday is going to be a long yest wonderful day. I have Jury at noon, and then I will be completely done with Haydn!! That evening is my dad's retirement.
Bittersweet - I can drink on these antibiotics BUT I'm a DD, driving my grandfather and great aunt. Nevertheless, I will enjoy the evening and be sober to support my father on this momentous occasion.
Also, not drinking is wonderful on the pocketbook!
So, to correct something I had previously said... I do have wireless internet here.... although it is not technically jade's nor mine... I can only get it at the very edge of the bedroom here, so not the most convenient.. but beggar's can't be choosers. I can also hook up my computer or use Jade's for dial-up if I don't feel like struggling to find the sweet spot for this connection.
Anyway, now it's time to watch tv and knit!

No comments: