Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I ended up going to my house to print out the recipe for chocolate chip cookies using my new flash card. Everything worked out for the best!
I spent most of the day working on the composition and I actually got a fair bit done. I had been trying to write out the structure of the piece on regular paper, but I wasn't able to imagine how it woul dbe in musical time. What I changed was that I started to write it out on manuscript paper. It's helped put things in perspective. It also forced me to make some decisions about specifics that I hadn't needed to specify when it was just in my head or on the regular paper.
It also points out some of the other questions that I will have to answer as I continue. I'm excited as it's starting to come together. I've been running some of the things through the choral synthesizer in my head, and they sound pretty cool.
Nevertheless, I haven't actually progressed further in the structure of the piece, but it's coming along, and I think now I will beable to be more productive when I sit down to work at it in the future... let's hope that I'm over that pesky writer's block thingy...

In other news, I just finished watching Rain Man in french. I have to say it is one of the finest movies ever made. Incredibly touching and fine acting! Funny and serious all at the same time, WUNDERBAR!!!!!!

No comments: