Friday, December 29, 2006

Well, I'm lucky that things worked out as well as they did for this month. I have discovered and made use of the 3 specific places where I can sit in order to make use of the wireless network available from Jade's appartment. They fact that they are not the most comfortable of places encourages me to use the internet less often; which is a good thing!
If I wasn't able to get wireless here, I would be stuck with dialup for the entire time. The university is in lockdown for all of this break from before xmas until the 3rd or 4th of January. I can't even get into the music building to practice piano. Luckily, I've been hampster sitting for Chris, and he has a piano that I've used a few times to practice. Unfortunately this is not enough. I can't practice for long periods of time on his piano, and I haven't gotten done anywhere near the amount of productivity in practicing that I had intended on doing over the break. Argh! It's an odd feeling to have; to want to be productive, but not really have the tools necessary to be productive.
I called the security office to find out just how locked the music building is... She said that they haven't let anyone in the building over the break. Only key holders are able to get in. I don't know if it's been like this other years, as I've always practiced at home on xmas break.
Anyway, it's frustrating to not have unlimited access to a piano. BUT, I've been able to make good use of the time I've had. I have the exposition of the Beethoven final movement learned as well as other random parts of the movement. I have also learned a few more movements of the Bach-French Overture. Unfortunately, I've been ignoring the Liszt, and all the other movements I had learned early on... well those are not in such great shape... Once I have better access to practice space, I'll be able to get things underhand again... unfortunately, my lesson is on the first day back to classes, only a day after the school reopens. Nevertheless, I still have a bit of time before then, so I'll make sure I have enough stuff ready for a good first lesson back!
I tried to grocery shop today... I only needed a few things, but I ended up spending far more than I should have... oh well, it was my PCPoints money! And I still have 15$ worth! In the end, I have lots of deliciousness to show for my grocery experience... I really don't think I would have strayed from my original budget had it been actual money I was spending, but it's still a valuable learning lesson. Seeing how my finances probably won't be good next year, I need to start learning those lessons soon.

No comments: