Thursday, April 06, 2006

delightful day

i finished that musical theatre recording last night-dropped it off for her today and got paid 25$. I also got paid 25$ from a singer for festival accompanying. I ALSO got my GST cheque... so I'm rolling in something.... mmm dough... mmm cookie batter!
speaking of that musical theatre piece... the music was totally lifted from a Grieg Norwegian Dance for piano, 4-hands.... Eleanor and Kim played it in recital the other day..... and the music I was given doesn't make mention of it... maybe I could cause a copyright scandal... meh, not really worth the effort. Just another example of how musical theatre ruins music in general.
Tonight I have to kick my own ass and make all my repertoire shiny and well prepared for this weekend... I have my lesson tomorrow and I have a feeling David will not be happy with my level of preparedness. This is not a good feeling, and it really doesn't reflect well upon me. The conceptual plan was that I was going to keep the momentum of the recital going, and apply the dedication I showed to everything I do. It appears I have failed at that task. Nevertheless, it is not too late. I have been known to do great things in a short period of time... and I shall do so tonight. I know that David won't be happy for tomorrow's lesson, but tonight I will have started the ascent to the high level of kick-ass that I will have reached by this weekend.
Before practicing though, I have plans to go to Value Village for fun times. I want to buy overalls...and I think they have gone out of fashion, therefore there is a chance that I might find some there. I also need to buy some t-shirts for summer!
SPeaking of summer.. the weather is amazing... perfect weather right now. Not too warm, but warm enough that you can wear just a long sleave shirt or sweater and be comfortable without a jacket! I thrive in this weather!
On the summer work front... I still haven't heard back from the factory job... so I'm a little worried, but I'm getting creative about things to do for work if I can't... I'll still look for a full time job... but the contemporary dance school is still running for a few months... I might get work there... I could add on a part time evening job... also I might get a job as a lounge pianist.
It would be exciting if I could work all music related jobs.. although I am aware that it would be hardest just to find the job opportunities.
ANyway, off to do things!! new (used) clothes and practicing galore await!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The weather is perfect, almost warm enough to run through public fountains, have a massive water fight and pie a friend!! But whoever will take on those wonderful tasks....???