Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter weekend is over for my family already. This evening we ate Easter dindin... it was very good... we had ham, not dindon....
This has been a kick-ass weekend with Heather and Gareth in town. I don't get to spend enough time with them, so it's fun while we have the chance.
The weekend included: the zoo, gelati, a movie, drinking.... ya, the weather was also beyond awesome.
They leave tomorrow, back to Thompson.
we also had a birthday dinner for my dead grandmother, she paid... yesterday. Grandma's birthday was always the time of year that my aunt Linda would come in town.. so why let a tradition die, Linda came in this week, and Heather and Gareth being here was a perfect opportunity for a family-fun filled weekend. Grandma's tax return brought a close to her financial existence, which outlived her by quite a bit! The last of her monies were spread between her children, some charities, her church, and then one final birthday dinner.
It's been good weekend so far, but yes, not very productive... I've been very easily distracted from my studies and assignments.
BUT I've been making good progress on my viola composition AND I got Sarah to play it for me, to make sure that it's a plausible piece. There were no technical impossibilities, and she was glad that it was "playable", in contrast to a lot of modern music that is awkward to play on... well really any instrument. I was very glad to hear it, and I have written a fair bit more since then, so yay!
umm tonight I went to the opera! Marriage of Figaro. It was wonderful, but oh so long! 3 and a half hours! I was also tired, so interest was not at an all time high, but I didn't fall asleep AND I was able to clearly understand the actions and story the entire time! I'm too sleepy to give a review at the moment, but overall it was a successful performance. Nothing was really spectacular, but everything was acceptable and enjoyable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was sooooo much fun partying with Heather and Gareth- wait till we put our next plan into action, to randomly roadtrip up to Thompson/get kicked off a bus and end up in bumfuck Manitoba and have a stella good time!! Ooooh, we do soo many things!! There are soo many things that we do!!