Saturday, April 08, 2006

great lesson today. I played the pieces for my second round of CMC and David was quite happy. The Rachmaninoff was not so comfortable in the memory, so I'll keep working on that... but David was most impressed with the Sonata.
I was early in thinking a month ago that I could be done with some rep... but after tuesday, I will be officially done with these pieces... except for the Rach for Jury.
Tonight I played on the piano they are using for the competition. It's not an ideal situation. The sound is hard to manage... the piano gets really mushy in such a live accoustic. The church is oddly shaped and the sound at the keyboard sounds nothing like the sound in the audience. It was good though to have some other pianists in the audience for the sound checks, and the lady running it gave some good pointers. She told me I seem to have a good handle on the piano, so thats good enough for me.
Tonight I did a little little bit of practicing, then watched a movie with Deena.
good night

No comments: