Friday, April 28, 2006

So, I was a little anxious about today. Today was the day I was supposed to call the factory back and find out if they would be hiring summer students. I was expecting that they were just taking their time, and I would have to spend today calling people trying to make sure I CAN acquire work doing music in the summer so I'd have things to do after working at the factory for a month.
No worries though.... turns out that the factory won't be hiring summer students at all this year. They aren't planning a heavy workload, and they won't need extra people even with people taking summer vacations. In other words... I don't have an option... while I had hoped to have an alternative option to moving away for the summer, I don't.
Now I just await the specifics from the Lounge Piano job and hope that it is worthwhile... cause even if it isn't.. I might have to take it anyway, cause there's even less worthwhile, in terms of making money, here in Winnipeg.
I shouldn't be so negative, this job will be fun and involve music... I just didn't want to have to work the entire summer. I wan't some time off to make room for random fun... eeek... anyway, I will have to make sure to get in all sorts of random fun related trouble between now and when I leave.
Every summer I can remember since high school.. I've done something wild and crazy on the spur of the moment, or I made it as spontaneous as possible..... New York, Chicago, last years random bus trip... I'm a little frightened to be tied down to a workplace... especially involving every weekend....
Oh well... new experience... new opportunities for fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will be fine Mork, this is one of my dreams for you! I promise to come out and piano lounge, in the piano lounge!! Plus, every day is Friday!! Except Friday... that's Saturday!! Not to worry, my caniving counterpart, random fun will creep up, that's what makes it random!!