Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I did not sleep well last night at all. 3:30-7am is not nearly long enough.... BUT, I couldn't handle any more time in bed anyway. My jaw tension was at an all time high, I can feel it down into my chest and back. I know I could feel much better if I just took one of my muscle relaxant pills, but here's the thing(s):
I recently finally read up on them, and it seems that prolonged use of methocarbamol can cause the following:
-inaccurate blood testing results in diabetics
-breathing difficulties and respiratory problems related to bronchitis and whatnot
In other words... I haven't been sick with bronchitis for months and months.. my body has just been telling me to stop taking this drug. Well, it's a theory; side effects are always possibilities, but I stopped taking them just incase.
I'm trying to decide to what degree I am addicted to them, but I don't think it's high, if even at all.

On a brighter note, today is the second round of CMC. I fell pretty good about it. I practiced last night and almost went home not feeling confident about certain sections in the Mozart. I ended up reconsidering, and then staying just under an hour longer, but during that time, I kicked those sections' asses! Unfortunately, its the hard parts that have never really been perfect, so I'm not sure if one night of hard work will magincally fix everything. It's the kind of thing where I should have been working with that kind of intensity everyday, day after day until the section felt completely comfortable, dare I say, played itself.
I had worked on the Rachmaninoff earlier in the evening, only technical stuff, so I was unsure if everything would stick in the memory... It was SO good. Im super glad it's my closer...either one could have been closer:
The Mozart Turkish Rondo- energetic and flashy close...but it's not feeling all that secure
Rach- not flashy at all, but it has a tremendous power in the mood and colours, It will have the audience eating out of the palm of my hands, but they won't be holding food obviously, I'll be playing piano, silly!
Now, I'm off to work... subbing for some dance classes today. My first experience playing for a modern class setting.. and its for the senior professional program.. so it's a bit of a big thing. Nevertheless, I feel good about it, and I will learn so much, just in this first hour!
toodles!

No comments: