Saturday, April 01, 2006

Today was pretty darned awesome... Spring Break means no ballet, meaning I didn't have to work or wake up for work.
Last night was the quasi practice-a-thon... cause it got cancelled, but Dianne, Brendan, Deena and I were there at the school all night. We actually didn't practice, rather watched dvd's. It was fun, but a bit of a waste. Getting home from knitting with Fi at 1am, I would have done some composing, or gone to sleep had I known that there wasn't actually going to be any practicing.
Nevertheless, there were pancakes this morning. Banana Chocolate Chip... yummy! That made it all worthwhile.
Tonight I'm going to a BBQ for a friend I haven't seen in a long time. After that, who knows. If my parents are out, I will practice at home, if not, I might go to the school, or who knows.
Today I practiced My Beethoven Quartet, and I feel good about it again.. still more tweaking to do, but it will be great for wednesday. I also worked a bit on the Pärt piece for 20'th century.. it's short and easy notes, but i just played it over and over again to get the feel of it. It's starting to make sense to me, so I can make the phrases mean something to the listener. I still want to do lots of work on Mozart this weekend, and I should be working on Rach, and Bach, and Brahms, oh and that Scriabin etude... sure.
Oh ya, I have a cell phone, now Im all technological! It's a necessity, and I don't know how I feel about it quite yet. At the moment, it's seeming too much like a toy.
anyway, bye

No comments: