Monday, April 10, 2006

just a quick update

yesterday was the first round of CMC. I actually got really nervous before I played..... this never happens! As a result I didn't play my best. During the Bach, it seriously felt like every 15 seconds I felt like I was going to completely crash and burn. As a result, my rhythm was not steady at all.. and I tensed up. Their comments both reflected the rhythmic instability and lack of varied texture...things that I had worked really hard on getting right! BAH! I really don't feel good about the performance, but as I had said earlier... I got whatever I needed to get on to the next round.. so now I just have to work hard to get past the next.
Nevertheless, I got a high enough mark to go through to the next round, so on tuesday I compete again.
The judges' comments were great, and I got a chance to talk to them afterwards. They told me that I was an excellent musician, and commented on how they enjoyed being able to just sit back and enjoy the musical ideas I was presenting.
I'd like to say that today would be devoted to practicing for it.. but I also need to get work done on my composition, and my papers. But tonight, I'm going to the school and I'm going to practice these pieces until they are perfect!ish.
Outside of that, I managed to pick up a few extra shifts this week subsitituting for dance classes, so yay money!
Some spring cleaning has been forced upon me, though not very successfully. I got a new (very old) bookcase which now houses all my paperback books...it was crazy to realize how many books were lying on the floor.. and just how many books I have in general.
oh well, back to the books and the keys

No comments: