Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I was informed the other night that I type on a computer funny... When I pressed the insulter further, he specified that I actually use the proper technique for holding my wrists up when I type, but it looks funny because few people actually do so.
A similar situation happened in one of the ballet classes I played for on Saturday. The daughter of a prominent voice teacher, and accomplished pianist was in the class. She was young, and it was her first time at a ballet barre. The teacher told everyone to put their hands gently on the barre. She was correcting their hands, because a lot of children will either not be relaxed or will be leaning on the barre. When she came to this girl, she lifted her forearm to show that it should be relaxed. The teacher was surprised to see that it flopped in a very relaxed fashion - she was deceived by the elevated wrists. My heart warmed a little when the teacher explained to the child that it's different than playing the piano, she should relax her wrists.
Hooray for the testaments to good piano technique!
Today was a good day for my blood sugars!
Tomorrow will not be a good day. It starts far too early in the morning with a piano lesson at 10:15 am. I didn't practice at all today and tomorrow it will be too early in the morning to get anything done, so it's a good thing that this is lesson number one of the year, such that I have a blank slate to start from. Tomorrow is also a very long day, lasting til 7pm. On the up side, I might be meeting with some people from the summer, I ran into Jonno from the lodge who is at school now, and he said his mom(who I also worked with) is coming in town tomorrow so we might get together for drinks or something.
Alas, I have to finish my first assignment of the year now! Yay, it's actually almost done already, but ya, I need sleep for tomorrow.

No comments: