Friday, September 08, 2006

So, as many of you know, if there was one substance that I would live off of for the rest of my life (if it actually had any nutritional value) it would be the honey mustard sauce from Perkins.
Tonight I made my own, and it tasted pretty damn exactly the same. Interestingly enough, I did so without the actual use of honey.

School is now back in, and starting monday, we will be in full regular class mode. This week was very much all about getting organized - which I will never actually be, but ya. I caught up with a bunch of people, and I got to meet with both my teachers for this year. My composition teacher and I didn't really talk much, but it was the officialness of setting up some lesson options that makes me feel good.
Talking to my piano teacher was interesting. He stressed the importance of organization and planning this year. I told him about plans for masters in composition and how my first half of the year would be split between composition and piano. He was worried about the fact that piano was not going to be my sole focus in life, and then suggested that the option exists to switch to the general program and just not do the recital.
This option had never even occurred to me. Nevertheless, it is not an option. I told David that I definately want to finish what I have started and I'm looking very forward to my recital. He accepted my reasoning and once again stressed the importance of getting as much preparation done early on as possible. I feel that I am well prepared for the beginning of this year and feel confident that things will be great and I will keep on track with everything.

Anyway, I don't want to ramble too much about school cause it's just beginning, but everything looks good for the year. I feel quite welcomed into the composition community at the school already and I'm prepared to learn a lot.

and for now, that is all

No comments: