Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It's been a while since I let myself go four days without posting - aside from being out of town.
now, a few random blurbs about the past, present and future.
-Chris's birthday on thursday inspired partying on friday = lots of fun.
-First composition lesson on monday. He labelled me a conceptual composer, the first of which he's worked with here at the university.
-I'm finding the subject matter of the piece I'm composing at the moment to be having more of an emotional toll on me than I would have expected, I am trying to make use of those feelings in a creative way, while avoiding the negative impact it can have on my mood and relations with other people.
-My sister's wedding is going to be in either Jamaica or the Dominican Republic at an all-inclusive resort. It will be a 7-day trip over reading week. That means that I can eat and drink all I want - the liquor is included in that "all"!!!! It will be a wonderful opportunity to spend time with my sister and family and her finace's family. I haven't met any of them besides his father, so this will be exciing.
-I'm pondering the idea of not building in a back-up plan for next year. If I did apply to U of M, I might enter that program, failing acceptance into others simply because it's available whereas it might actually be better for me to take a year to work and study privately so that I can get into a better program the following year.
-Now that the year is getting into full or semi-full swing, I'm getting a glimpse of how busy and full it is going to be..... for now, I'll say I'm excited!!!

No comments: