Sunday, September 24, 2006

wallet shopping

I bought a new wallet today.
This is a big deal to me, I had grown quite attached to my previous one. Nevertheless, when my deputy sherriff badge finally ended its long standing partnership with my wallet, I know it was time to say adieu.
Even shopping for it was complicated, there are so many options in terms of sections, see through compartments, bill section separators and coin sections. Then theres the type of leather/finish and colour...I made the decision to no longer have a coin section in my wallet, it takes up too much of my ass room and thats usually the first part of the wallet to show wear and develop holes.
Now I have two options: I have a little coin pouch that I could use that also has room for keys, then I would have all my pocket contents in one location,but I'm not sure if that is effeminate....even for me.... The other option is to avoid change in general. I've given this a little thought and it would be a mix of giving more to charity, tipping that little bit more generously as well as keeping a piggy bank at home, I might actually save up a little money.
So, I ask your advice, should I be willing to be more effeminate, or should I say nay to loose change...?

The new wallet is pretty darned cool. Similar to my old wallet, it has a section for my student card and bus pass - but it's removable!! If I didn't need everything in my wallet, or if my bottom were feeling particulary sensitive, I could considerably downsize and just carry around the mini wallet... but I'm not sure how much I want to diversify quite yet, it could be dangerous.

No comments: