Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Today is my day off and Idon't have anything to leave the house for today until about 7pm. I also don't have a vehicle during the day, so that limits what I can do, or rather what I'm willing to take the bus to.
As per usual, I have lots to get done on my productivity tuesday -

Orchestration assignment - I actually did a bit of thinking about this already while helping a friend, and playing through it. It's now just a matter of sitting at the computer and making it happen. This time it's a 20 bar segment... far longer than the previous 8 bars!

I need to remember to phone and pay my photo radar ticket today. Thats right, I was speeding, and as can and should be expected as a citizen using the PUBLIC roadways of Winnipeg, my actions were recorded and I am thusly punished. While I am not happy about the excessive cost of the ticket, I will pay it because that is my social responsibility.

Practice, practice, practice! I've been working lots on my Bach, it would be nice to be able to play through the entire first movement, but I'm not sure if I'm quite there yet. Actually, I know that I'm not there yet, but the question is whether I can learn the rest of it for thursday. At the same time, I haven't done any work on the other pieces since my last lesson, and 2 hours is too much time to spend exclusively on Bach...

I also want to call the composer of the modern piece I'm playing at my recital - there are two different versions of her piece and I want to know if she is partial to either or if there are any considerations I should use in choosing which to play, or which parts of whichever I play.

Tonight at 7, there is a group of diabetics that get together for coffee/whatnot. I have avoided it for a couple years now, but I think I might go to try it out tonight.

Anyway, enough of this typing, it's taking up valuable productivity time!!

No comments: