Sunday, February 04, 2007

Great weekend.
Workalicious!
Ballet, regular Saturday, PLUS rehearsals for 4 hours today for the Dance Festival Musical Theatre entries.
Marking- I totally got caught up with the marking for Theory.. only thing was that it took up my Friday and Saturday nights... nevertheless, I'm proud of that accomplishments.
Because of marking, i was not so hot on the practicing, BUT tonight I got some good work done. I fixed and sped up some of the Bach that had been unattended lately. I even got a few of the dance movements memorized...
I shan't speak too soon, but I have a feeling I will even feel prepared enough at the end of this week to not feel super guilty about not practicing all reading week. In terms of tempos, the Bach is pretty damn close...
I took the cookie piece in to the printers today to get the copies made, but I didn't have enough time to wait around, so I'll have to pick it up tomorrow. I also finished notating the piano part for the other choral piece, so in terms of everything composition related, I'm finished!
For the rest of the year, for composition, I'm working on an orchestral piece, but at a slow pace. I put restrictions on myself... basically it's not allowed to be concept driven. Only musical material; harmony and melody and form. Everything else I've written, those things have been just a function of the concept...in this piece, I guess the concept is to make just absolute music. The assingment from my teacher for the next couple of weeks is just to think about and sketch out some ideas of any of those musical ideas. mostly think about what harmonic language I want to use.
Basically, all I have to do this week is practice my recital rep.

No comments: