Saturday, February 03, 2007

It finally happened.
I'm surprised it took this long...
It is nearing the end of my 5th year of university, and only now have I started to drink coffee.
I'm not really drinking coffee persay, but since Heather and I bought my parents the magic coffee/hot beverage system, I've tried the various things it makes...
For the longest time, my sources of caffeine have only been diet coke, and tea.
I've tried the coffee that the machine makes, and I can't handle just straight up coffee... and I can't stand the way adding sugar or cream makes tea taste, so I don't like it in coffee either. However, this machine makes a nice cappucino, and when I add a tablespoon of hot chocolate mix, it actually tastes really good.
In all honesty,. I think that will be the extent to which I will drink coffee... just at home from the magic machine... as I can't afford to be spending 2 bucks for a cup of coffee at one of those expensive coffee houses. I've always been a cheapass in terms of drinks.. as in I prefer just water, as it doesn't cost anything. otherwise I drink whatever I can bring.(good ol diet coke... travels well in a backpack).

Last night, I spent my entire friday night alone at a restaurant marking papers... I got 4 hours of work done!
Today went by much more quickly than the average saturday, until I had to do all my photocopying for my substitutes for the next week. So complicated.... there's 4 different people, maybe 5 covering my 7 classes total between the 2 saturdays. In some cases, I only had to refer the sub to a specific book of ballet syllabus music, others I had to write out the counts and styles of the exercises, for another I had to photocopy all of the music that I have been using for the person who is covering that class.
So much effort, but it was worth it. All the classes are covered now, so I don't have to worry about it anymore, I can just go to Vegas and Toronto without a care in the world.
Tomorrow is going to be a long one too... I have ballet/musical theatre again all afternoon and then a performance in the evening that I have to go to the univeristy for, right after finishing downtown. As of now, I'm planning on doing some practicing after that, but we'll see how that pans out.
Tonight... who knows... probably a mix of marking and practicing. I should also finish writing the piano part for my new choral piece., that needs to be recorded and thus finished by thursday.

No comments: