Friday, February 23, 2007

well, McGill didn't want me, I'm not surprised UBC didn't either. And theirs was one of the later applications... just over 3 weeks since their application deadline and I already know that I've been rejected.
At least that's out of the way, the two schools I really really wanted to go to have made their decisions. Now I'll just wait to hear from the other schools that I'm not as excited about.
And these two schools were consistent; they both gave the same reason for not accepting me... "because your qualifications are not competitive with other applicants".

I'll admit that I'm pissy as a result of this, but i'm not going to let it actually effect me. I am focussed on my recital right now and I'm going to practice tonight. I had a rehearsal just before this, and I have another rehearsal tonight with the singers that I am accompanying this upcoming week in the music festival.
Speaking of.. I probably won't be going to many classes this next week.. Not that I have many to begin with.. but just another excuse to not go... as if I need one.

2 comments:

Jonathan Evans said...

Sorry to hear you've been denied getting into those two schools. You know what this means? Now you can come to Hong Kong!

Did you get a better answer as to why this time?

Michael Park said...

same answer from both places... only slightly different wording