Friday, February 23, 2007

yep, lesson today was pretty bad.. mixture of not having practiced the days before and not sleeping the night before. I really have to change the morning lessons, they're not good for anyone... I'm not just using that as a random excuse.. it's a really good excuse. I just don't function in the morning.
The good side is that the disheartening aspects of my lesson actually inspired/convinced me to practice on the day of my lesson. I do want to be prepared and I'm going to work very hard from here on in. it's going to be difficult next week with all the extra accompanying.. as well I will have a fair bit of marking to do for a midterm and some theory assignments too I'm sure. Nevertheless, I don't have any assignments of my own to worry about before my recital.. Dare I say it's all practical stuff for the next little while.
Tonight I practiced Beethoven. I reacquainted myself with the first movement to a degree that it actually sounds like I've played it before.... The march is getting closer.. I pushed the whole thing forward a good 10 metronome points just tonight alone.. it's at a hundred now(more or less) and I'd be thrilled to get it to a solid 140... to say nothing of the160 wanted by the recording I have.... it's memorized too! but the trio is not so much.. and I'll push that tempo too...
I got to the final movement later int he evening.. it's getting closer to a reasonable tempo. Anyway, I'm happy with the work and progress I made tonight, and that's what I'm aiming for each time I sit down to practice from here on in.

I got to listen to one of my school mates play her piano pieces tonight as a run through for a competition tomorrow, I couldn't really express to her how wonderful it sounded and how much she has grown as a musician even from the last time I heard her perform. So many of the people in her year are amazing musicians! I'm very excited to hear their recitals the week before mine!

No comments: