Friday, February 23, 2007

Right now I wish I had a fair but of sustainable disposable income.
Approximately $800 plus $375 per month onwards....
I have never wanted an insulin pump, it's a tube that sticks inside you to deliver insulin from this box thing that you attach to your belt or something... it's always seemed so yucky to be attached to something like that. To use it, you still have to carry a tester around with you, seems like too much technology to have me.
Anyway, I've come across something I want, but I can't have a) because it's not available in Canada yet and b) it's too much damned money
the OmniPod system. The only thing actually on your body is the pod thingy, which has the insulin in it. The other part is a handheld PDA thing from which you control the pod. Anyway, being sans tube is really what I find attractive about the system. I know now that if I was going to change from Multiple Daily Injections, it would be to this system, or the others like it which I hope will soon follow and then be available to me.

No comments: