Thursday, February 01, 2007

Finally, I actually had a full length lesson today. well, just 4 minutes short...
After Liszt, teacher ran to bathroom, and I noticed it had already been an hour and a half! I played through the whole thing for him and he was quite happy. The fast bits need more speed and confidence/accuracy, but he was very glad to hear me play that way.
I also played the final movement of the Beethoven and he was satisfied with it, though it always needs more speed.
Quote of the day/lesson "This is good Michael, now I can see more than a glimmer of hope for this recital". There's something sweet about his sarcasm.

I got ahold of and talked with all the members of my recital panel. I explained in more detail what will be happening with the improvised dance element. One was worried abut my repertoire balance, but I explained that it was balanced in my jury and New Music Ensemble. All of them are excited about the dance element in my recital, which is nice and reassuring.

now that the pieces in my recital are getting up there in tempos, it's time to start forcingt he memory into place. The Liszt is well on it's way, I was barely looking at the page today, but still, it is completely different when you know there is no page at all to look at. Bach won't be too bad, it's a lot of little movements. even the big fugue will make sense, but ya, that will be more complicated.
Uh oh Beethoven first movement... where have you been hiding... I certianly haven't been seeking.... I really need to kick it back into shape and memorize it. I thinkt he mach is already there, just making sure it'sreliable.... the third movement will take some work to get it in memory, and the fourth... hmm. right now, the non fugal bits are sitting comfortably, I think they'll fall in place, but the fugal bits might be a challange.

enough babbling about my recital and the specifics...blah blah blah

No comments: