Saturday, March 24, 2007

4.75 hours until my recital.
I'm taking things slow today, I've reviewed the technical work needed in Liszt and Bach and I'm about to do Beethoven.
I've also been trying to work out what I will be saying before each piece tonight. I need to keep it short for time's sake. I've worked some things out.. but I really have no definite idea of what will come out of my mouth tonight. Let's just hope I don't end up saying "mumbly mumbly fucker" as I so often do.
I really can't wait until 9:35 ish tonight - I will have finished my recital and I will be mingling with those who love and/or support me so much. There are so many people that I haven't seen often enough because of my preparation for this recital and all the other school stuff lately - I can only hope that an evening of music and great food can make up for the distance between myself and the rest of my life.
Thank you Chris for your reassuring words last night, it allowed me to regain some bit of focus and inspiration.
After I practiced last night, I went to see a terribly cheesey movie with Fi. It was just what I needed. My mind was doing too much thinking in that practice room, but not the type of thinking that was either productive or helpful.
Oooh, I should probably also figure out what I'm wearing tonight. I know I'm wearing my suit, but I don't know which shirt, I don't want to wear a tie, but I think I have to.

No comments: