Sunday, March 11, 2007

I've never understood this daylight savings thing... I prefer the night. I want to run on nighttime savings time! The new day will run from noon until about 4am.... oh wait.. that is the schedule I've been running on.

Tonight, practiced on the Bosendorfer again... and I even actually remembered to give back the key afterwards... sadly...
but today was more of a Beethoven day, and a bit of checking in on the Bach. The new bit of the Sarabande that I learned lastnight stuck! yay! Some of the tidbits I fixed int eh opening were there, and the memory was really secure.
Tonights work on Beethoven really secured and made me comfortable with the first movement. I also pushed the tempo a bit more on the March.
All in all, i think I had two really really good days of practicing, and they were both after a long day of other stuff.. so I'm confident I will continue to be productive this week and all the way up til my recital.

Ballet today, i had the oddest day. I was pretty incoherent all morning on account of my sugars being all funky. Even the teacher noticed.... as I was leaving for lunch I said "Well, I hope I'm more on the ball after lunch" to which she replied "I do too!". She has a very good ear for the musicality as it relates to dance.
First class back went well because I'm 100% comfortable with the music. At the end that class, and towards the end of the day, I just became silly. It was a mixture of the sun shining extra brightly through the huge windows in the upstairs studio... and the fact that I was sitting on a super spinny/rolly chair! The teacher remarked that spring was in the air as the whole class; teacher and myself included were being goofy.

No comments: