Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tomorrow I have my Grad application interview at the school I'm currently attending.
I feel kind of bad that I'm almost certain that I'm not intending on studying here, but I haven't gotten official-official letters from the other 2 schools, so I'm just covering all my bases.
I think they're pretty aware of the situation, and it's a super casual meeting anyway. On the positive, it will give me a better idea of what they expect from incoming grad students - as a representation of what other schools will be expecting.

I have something in my ear. In one of the foldy areas. I thought it was just hard wax that was iritating me.. but i went at it hardcore with a q-tip today, and my finger too, but it's not wax. I've had it before, and I know it will go away, but it's obnoxious. It's probably an infected hair or a little cut or something... or maybe it's some kind of insect burrowing it's way into my head.... hmm, that could be exciting.

Oh, ya, tomorrow, besides that meeting, I'm also presenting in Composition Seminar. I'm presenting the piece that my chamber ensemble played this term: Paramel VI by Stephen Montague. I wish I had more time, or taken more time, or prepared earlier... or maybe thought about this while learning/rehearsing the piece. I'm starting to get "into" the piece now, but it's already after midnight. Anyway it wasn't until this evening that I tracked down our school's only recording of the piece: which I recorded with my ensemble last Wednesday!!
Ya, the presentation is pretty laid back, it's not a formal thing really... AND I'm not taking the course for credit, so it doesn't make a big difference... NOT that that's how I think about it. I will do a good presentation, it's just difficult to balance those things that one does for credit with those not for credit and priorities in general are difficult.

I had big hair today on the drive to school. I used shampoo this morning.. not the regular 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner... I went sans condition aujourdhui! Anyway, since my hair wasn't conditioned, it had more life..... mostly it was just bigger. I was playing with it a little too much while driving... using my knee to drive so I could have both hands to shape it into a big fro. I wish I actually could have big hair.

I need to remember to submit my TA'ing hours today... apparently I have hours going all the way back to the beginning of March...and I think hours are submitted each week. OOPSIE!

I am so enjoying not having dance work this week. It's spring break for the kiddies, so no work this week! It really contributes to the feeling that I'm all done school at this point. But I still need to remember that I still have things to do and assignments to get finished. I should check on Piano Ped, I'm sure I have things starting to be due sometime soon... although we haven't really had class in about 3 weeksish. Once the prof was sick, once was a fieldtrip and another time she was at a conference, so there was a planned class-missing.

Now, I shall finish up my presentation and then maybe even go to bed!

No comments: