Wednesday, March 21, 2007

So ya, lesson today was good.
My teacher used the word "perfect"... sure it was only in relation to one bar of one piece... but that is a major development. It's the E-Major octave-quadrupled arpeggio at the very end of my Liszt.
I went to a recital tonight that was excellent. I can only wish that I could play as clean and precisely as this pianist. Unfortunately, the turnout was a bit disappointing considering how good it was. But ya, you really do have to fight tooth and nail to get people out to your recitals....
Speaking of, I finally got the large copies of my posters printed... I won't dwell on the melodrama that was the process of getting them printed, but GRRR. Now they're done, and I'll leave it at that. I have lots of them, so there are tons at the ballet and school.
Practicing tonight was efficient. I really worked hard on the Beethoven. I think I had a breaktrough in the interpretation... or at least, I found a way to make one little moment in the piece really special. I was at the school until 2 am, now I'm tired... I
I really need to become more efficient in my getting to sleepness. I always end up wasting too mcuh time checking email and blogging after I get home late.
And tomorrow I have our New Music Ensemble performance.. whcih marks the end of this ensemble this year... except for my Jury, the ensemble is playing in that too... but ya. Next week, there will be soo many fewer things on my plate, yay!

No comments: