Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I think 'm going to give up on keeping my readers posted on how I'm feeling about my preparation fot his bastard recital.... reason being that I just don't fucking know.
Just today, I've gone from multiple extremes of how I feel about it.
This afternoon, the Bach was just peachy, I worked hard on it for about 2 hours fixing all the little bitchy parts. Tonight I ran through most of it..and it totally fucked me up the ass!
With the Beethoven, I worked my ass off on sections just so I could get it working reasonably well at a few metronome markings slower than it had previously been working.
Once again, I didn't touch Liszt at all today.. and I have a feeling that I'm going to play it badly at me lesson, and then it will lessen the positive aspect of how the other pieces have improved.
At least I wasn't the only person practicing tonight... well I was after midnight...but one of the other people doing their recital next week was there.
The only thing keeping me going these days is that I know once this is over, I won't have to practice piano anymore ... at least not with the same intention/goal.
I do plan on working hardcore on technique this summer... as in making myself versatile as an improviser... I've wanted to brush up my technique for a long time, but repertoire has gotten in the way.

So I have a performance tomorrow that seems ridiculous... we haven't rehearsed it in well over a month.... and this is the SECOND time ever I've played with these people... I have a feeling that I'm doing far too much for this particular credit.
Once again, I can't wait for the feeling of relief once all this undergrad gobblygoop is done with!
Now, I'm off to mark papers... that's right... I said I'd have them done tomorrow... so 2 am marking it is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww Mikey!
Don't worry about one bad practice - i'm sure it was just beethoven fucking you up the ass, but i'm pretty sure you'll find that next time you play (today at your lesson) it will be under your fingers and it will go smoothly. Sometimes there are 'practice bumps' but it seems to get better next time you practice.
Keep at it, and you'll do fine next week!