Sunday, March 04, 2007

Long Day

Worked 9-5, as per usual. Came home for supper with Sister and Brother in law, went to friend's recital, practiced for a short while, went to social as designated driver, came home.

I had brought my Liszt with me to the recital in case I had some extra time, which I did. Not much, but I managed to get at least half an hour of work done... from this time, I secured the third page into the memory. The first say five pages of the piece don't require a lot of technical practice/repetition, so they don't stick in the memory as well as the other sections that I had to play a hundred times just to get them to half tempo.... Anyway, this was some frustrating work to reinforce the mental and physical organization of the section into tangibility. I know I will have to do similar work again next time I go to it, but it won't be nearly as frustrating.
Socializing tonight was fun, but I felt guilty, and thus from now on... no more social life whatsoever. I have a good idea of the immense amount of work I have to still do, so all of my spare time will be spent practicing. This is the kind of dedication that only the inspiration of being so close to the end of a degree can provide!
Exciting news is that my jury will consist of my ensemble piece from new music ensemble.... meaning no new music to learn for my jury... which was a frightening prospect for the few weeks after my recital. The ensemble is pretty kick-ass and they've agreed to do it, including the conductor! I'm excited to perform this piece in the noon hour recital on the Wednesday before my recital.
Alas, I need sleep, and there are not enough hours in the day to provide me with a full night's sleep before having to be at the ballet tomorrow for more rehearsals. Oh Shit, I also realized that I have to pick my parents up from the airport tomorrow evening.. at a time that prevents a long evening of practice.... poop. Oh well,I will make the best of my time!
good night.

No comments: