Tuesday, March 06, 2007

kinda feels like today was a waste.
I practiced for a while between a rehearsal at school and ballet accompanying, but then I felt a little apathetic and chose to lay down for a while, not really getting any sleep.
After ballet was a festival class.. I got home around 8 or just after,I checked email and flight status, it said it was on time. I had to leave house around 915 to get to pharmacy, which couldn't fill the Rx I wanted anyway, so that was a waste, and then I spent 40 minutes sitting in the airport waiting for parents. I could have had a whole extra hour of practice!
After all was said and done, and I got my parents home and fed and all that, I got to the school just before midnight. I practiced until 2 am. I should have stayed later, but my friend who I was driving home needed to go home and sleep. I should also do that, cause I do have to wake up tomorrow.
Quick summary of tomorrow - rehearsal and meeting at school, rehearsal with little singer, festival class for saxophone in evening, practicing til late at night. I miss the earlier part of this year when tuesdays were my day to sleep late in the afternoon, then wake up and still have the most productive day of practicing of the whole week.
Anyway, I should be able to bring back the productivity tomorrow. Some time in the afternoon, I need to practice and buff up the sax piece, and then the evening will be my own practicing. Tomorrow needs to be a working on Bach day. Today was Beethoven and yesterday was Liszt. I'm being quite productive, BUT I should really be working on each piece every day.
Memory is coming along on all of them. Liszt is closest... only a bit more to go. It's fitting into my memory quite comfortably. Beethoven... the first needs more repetition and I really need to work on the third. The other movements are there, it's just a matter of pushing the tempo. Bach... eep, this is far to similar to the condition it was in last lesson. The very last page is not memorized, nor is the Sarabande. Add to that the fact that I haven't played the first movement in anything but the small sections I've divided it into. I need to get used to playing it as a whole single movement. Odd that after last weeks lesson, I was in disagrrement with David about this being the worrysome piece, but now I'm seeing his point... Oh well, Tomorrow I will solve all of those problems.. and more... yes, thats what will happen!

No comments: