Saturday, March 10, 2007

Yesterday was a reasonably good day for practicing. Three hours was pretty much devoted to just the Bach opening movement. The other 2-3 hours were tidying up and securing some of the other dances. Most of the practicing was done on the Boesendorfer Piano that I will be using for my recital. I love that piano with a bloody passion.
At the very end of my practice session, I did a very short improvisation and it was awesome. It felt so good, It's so easy to let yourself go when you have an instrument that is so responsive and ... well just makes so much noise!
Anyway, the work I did last night was very focussed, and I feel good about it, but it's a little worrysome that I can't get around to playing everything in one night at the stage I'm at... with 75 minutes worth of music, it takes a chunk of time just to play it.. nevermind working on it and dissecting sections.
I had my teacher make a list of the areas that needed the most attention, so I can at least narrow down the work and use my time most efficiently. It's really helpful to have a list of things to work on.. it shows me that i'm actually getting things done. Otherwise, it's easy to play through something after working on something for a few hours and then concentrate on the mistakes that are still there, and apply them to the whole piece.. then you feel apathetic about what you have done.
I would have stayed at the university much longer, but I didn't have the car there, so there's only so late I could stay.
I went out in the evening... completely going against the lack of social life I'vebeen trying for... but I tried to
do some marking... but I needed my textbook.... and then I looked one thing up at home, but again I realize that I just plain ol need that text for marking these assignments.
Oh well.
Tonight I will be practicing again!!! yaya!
but bday dinnner for my daddy after work, then practicing in the evening.

No comments: